Here is my first easy to cook recipes and its the most common but very famous Filipino recipe of all time, the “Adobo” recipe. Later, i’m gonna show variety of ways on how to cook this delicious Filipino cuisine. But first I’m gonna give some brief description of what an “Adobo” is. Maybe some of you still don’t know what kind of food and how does this food taste specially those who are non-Filipino people out there. The name “Adobo” was taken from the Spanish, but the cooking method is indigenous to the Philippines. Before, “Adobo” involves meat, chicken or seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic, browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade which was later on added different variety of ingredients and cooking techniques. It has relatively long shelf-life because of one of its primary ingredients, vinegar, which inhibits the growth of bacteria. The essence of adobo has been also developed commercially and has been adapted to other foods like nuts, chips, flavored rice, and corn crackers.
I think this info would be enough for some people that still don’t have any idea about “Adobo” and i also think it’s time for you to learn how to cook this simple cooking recipes.
Now let’s start cooking!!!
2 lbs pork belly, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 tbsp garlic, minced or crushed
5 pieces dried bay leaves
4 tbsp vinegar
1 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp whole pepper corn
1 cup water
salt to taste
1. Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade in a bowl for at least 1 hour
2. Heat the pot and put-in the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes
3. Add water, pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to boil. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour
4. Put the vinegar and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
5. Add some salt to taste
6. Serve hot and enjoy it with your friends!